Wednesday 22 May 2024

Tortured: Poet and Seasons

i feel tortured in winter, the fog  reminds me of good times

when my gray world turned to blue

i feel tortured in autumn, a season spent missing someone

a total love blackout

i feel tortured in summer, a summer meant to be full of love 

turned to gray

i feel tortured to see rain, it reminds me of weeping nights

and when i was in pain

a tortured poet and his tortured seasons

a tortured poet forced to be tortured by torturous peoples

because of their torturous sin

a question why did i associated my memories

and made my seasons tortured?


About:- The poem talks about how someone's memories can even make you hate seasons because you gave them all you had but in return, what you got was betrayal and you are now hurt and feel tortured because every beautiful things about seasons now makes you feel tortured as it brings out a sea of memories into your head. The idea to use Tortured Poet came to me from the Taylor Swift's eleventh studio album which is titled as "The Tortured Poets Department". So i wanted to use this and express what i always wanted to pen, what i had only wrote in one of my song before and wanted to write it in poetry.

2 comments:

  1. Finally someone who is referencing TTPD in their work. I really enjoyed it. Thank you for posting here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took the Tortured Poets Department seriously but still i have to say, this poem made me feel something.

    ReplyDelete