Sunday 19 May 2024

Mirage in a Dead Desert

drops full of anger, guilt and betrayal pouring down

from my eyes like rain in a sleepless night

soaked in blood and it’s stains on my gray shirt

two daggers stabbed at the same spot

their existence in my words and work

but for them I’m just a mirage,

a pseudo reflection of life in a dead desert

a hand to pull them out of it, a toy to be pushed into it

a ecosystem flourishing in peace but burnt down by fire one night

my quill, my papers untouched for a time,

lived in an illusion, a lie, that unforgivable sin


About:- This poem deals with emotion of betrayal from someone who you used to be close, they exist in everything you do whether its a piece of art or your memories but for them you were never really important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment