Monday 26 August 2024

Under the Same Daylight

pain that still exists in my lips and veins

blood was thick but lighter than my weight

your mornings, my nights

my mornings, your nights

heaven arrived at my door

when you moved by the lake

 

now under the same daylight

now under the same moonlight

sunflowers I planted point to your place

heaven told me,

“it was fated in the first place”

 

i wandered through the woods in my head

i drifted on an ocean made of my tears

always in search to find way out of gray haze

and so he painted my sky pink

when he stood by my grave


AboutThis poem is part of my poetry collection titled "Folklore: The Folk Tales of Summer", which is written based on the stories sang by Taylor Swift in her 8th studio album folklore. This poem is based on the song, "invisible string" and is about Betty being nostalgic that how her and James story came together, after what her abusive father did to her. James painted her gray world to pink and showed her love and what tied them together was a red string. 

No comments:

Post a Comment