Tuesday 27 August 2024

The Color of Betrayal

like scene in an old cinema

they expect me to let down my guard

to let my fort infiltrate by their soldiers

and execute me like a witch on the holy ground

and if i found someone to count stars with

then i'm to be crushed by your stones?

 

if i stand up for my belief

if i stand up against a liar

if i stand up against a cheater

if i seek explanation from him

to clear the gray haze that he brought upon me

they imposed the title of "mad woman" upon me

 

colors are a merry mirage

i speak words true in this hearing before you

sky color is not permanent

leaves color is not permanent

your pink painted sky turned gray again

and leaves green lost their color in fall


About- This poem is part of my poetry collection titled "Folklore: The Folk Tales of Summer", which is written based on the stories sang by Taylor Swift in her 8th studio album folklore. This poem is based on the song "mad woman" and is about Betty moving on from James and finding someone new while everyone keep calling her mad woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment