Sunday 25 August 2024

Funeral of Our Love

standing on altar

they said “greatest lovers united”

bejeweled in ‘shiny stones’

later to be thrown back

at me in courtroom

 

my obscured vision of love

i’m stripped off your ‘lover’ title

how did we get here? My love

from singing together at our wedding

to you playing at my funeral

 

trying to put back the bricks

that you once threw at me?

 

realization struck you

when I’m gone

your efforts will go waste

but dear you succeeded in saving your face

your tears of regret won’t dry any sooner

my love wasn’t an illusion

you will share my tears

but I wish you well

and someone who will share those tears

About- This poem is part of my poetry collection titled "Folklore: The Folk Tales of Summer", which is written based on the stories sang by Taylor Swift in her 8th studio album folklore. This poem is based on the song "my tears ricochet" and is about James funeral who has died after battling with depression. 

No comments:

Post a Comment