Wednesday 11 September 2024

Freedom in the Starry Night

midnight and,

far from my town's bright light

in darkness of sky i find solace

in darkness of sky i seek freedom

i look at the glittery trail of stars

the satellites moving as if stars are racing

the Pleiades looking like a small ursa major

i lay my head on the grass

before fog comes to obscure my view

before its grayness takes all over me

i look at the stars, spot constellations

wishing if i could fly through them

wishing if i could go and visit a planet

wishing if a planet that can carry the weight

the weight of my emotions,

the weight that pulls me down on the ground

there's a freedom in the night sky

meant for dreamers, meant for believers

i want to dream, i want to believe

that i will be fine

midnight, and i run away from the town

to seek freedom in the starry night


About- Dear readers, there are not words enough to describe my love for stars, the planets and astronomy. Looking at the stars helps me calm myself down whenever i'm at my low so it's basically my escape from the chaos. There's a freedom in the night sky and you will find it if you search it.

No comments:

Post a Comment