Thursday 29 August 2024

Tomb of Unrest

high rising waves crashing on my tomb

the tomb of stone i built on my grave

a sailor on a sea on a ship with no sail

i carved my story on stones with my nails

 

in a well where my savior’s hands feel shorter

escaping this town is only way move forward

sun never rises in my forever cold world

peace is something you will long for in my world

 

so

i’ll try

i’ll fight

i’ll love

and

i’ll die


About- This poem is part of my poetry collection titled "Folklore: The Folk Tales of Summer", which is written based on the stories sang by Taylor Swift in her 8th studio album folklore. This poem is based on the song, "peace" and is about James leaving the town because he couldn't forget Betty and is depressed. It is after that he decided to go on The Great War as a way to escape. I wrote this poem based on my emotions that keep reminding me that my fight for peace is a never ending torture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment