Friday 30 August 2024

Ashes of Our Love Affair

my firm belief in your words

that i believed it to be true

you played your games

but hid your troops

“i love you”, is what you said

but it lacked the feeling of you

memories i woven on a tangle thread

but you burnt it down with me and you

 

ashes from your fire reached my crown

and our ill fated love reached oblivion

i tried, you tried and we both screamed at the sky

now that you’re gone, my cries cannot reach to your sky

my friends seek pleasure in my pain

my lover died before the age

my eyes cried in longing of you

searching closure but pain is here to stay


About- This poem is part of my poetry collection titled "Folklore: The Folk Tales of Summer", which is written based on the stories sang by Taylor Swift in her 8th studio album folklore. This poem is based on the song "hoax" and is about Betty grieving the loss of James who died fighting in the war. She is missing him yet still standing up for herself because James cheated on her, which is something she can't forgive him for but she knew he loved her and it was Betty herself who couldn't love him again and now that he is no more, she has realised she loved him as much he loved her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment