Friday 24 May 2024

A Journey to Nineteen

A month named after Maia

A transition from spring to summer

24 rotations on its axis

19 circles round the Sun

A boy born, his future uncertain

Years of hardship, keep enduring pain

Heart shattered at 16,

And haven’t recovered from the loss

Her body cremated and ashes in the river

Never got a chance to bid farewell

Turned 17, oh what a miserable life

School life turned to hell, full of rumors and lies

At 18, graduated from school

His efforts and work never came to ripe

I hope you’re okay on this fine Friday

Accept my regards as this poet turns 19

Cause I haven’t given up yet


About- This poet turns 19 today and to celebrate it, i penned a small poem about my struggles and pain ever since i turned 16. Life before 16 was fun, i was happy and enjoying my days without any worries. And after that, life has never been the same. Every single day is challenging and full of hardship. So i wrote it as a message to my 19 year old self to never give up and i will continue trying my best.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and thank you for sharing this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very good poem and Happy Birthday.
    From Aditya

    ReplyDelete