Thursday 22 August 2024

Dissolve in Darkness

darkness that once I befriended

is pulling its strings and laid down it’s plans

the tales I recited following the shadows

of his and her, my and their life

are being used as a canon

to shatter decomposed walls

who plead me to say “yes”

 

with every single breeze,

with every single breathe,

i refuse to kneel before defeat

in my cold barren land,

every season feels colder

but I’m looking at horizon

waiting for that summer

to let the dear readers know

“i’m trying not to dissolve in the darkness,

that eternal excruciating peace”


About- This poem is part of my poetry collection titled, "Folklore: The Folk Tales of Summer", which is written based on the stories sang by Taylor Swift in her 8th studio album 'folklore'. The poem is based on the song "this is me trying" and is about James fight against depression. I penned it based on my fight with the depression by combining it with the element of the song.  

No comments:

Post a Comment